[twisted-python] Communication between GUI thread and twisted thread.

Stephen Waterbury stephen.c.waterbury at nasa.gov
Mon Jun 18 11:21:58 EDT 2007

甜瓜 wrote:
>> This is a terrible implementation for cooperation between wx and
>> twisted. At the time it was written, it was acceptable, but you really
>> should be using the wxreactor now.
> Really? Oh! Maybe my knowledge is out of date. My opinion comes from
> "The Twisted Documentation - Jan 9, 2007". It says:
> "Twisted currently supports two methods of integrating wxPython.
> Unfortunately, neither method will work on all wxPython platforms
> (such as GTK2 or Windows). It seems that the only portable way to
> integrate with wxPython is to run it in a separate thread."  ^_^
> Therefore I followed that terrible implementation. Does wxreactor get
> improvement? I will read 'choosing-reactor.html' throughly. Thank you.

That section of the docs has not changed (current svn), and I
agree it's rather confusing to determine what the actual
recommendation is.  My impression was that the most recent
implementation of the wxreactor is supposed to work on all
platforms.  Is that not so?  If it is, this section of the
docs should probably be revised to recommend it more clearly.

Steve
--
"The opinions expressed above do not reflect official NASA policies
  or positions, and have not been reviewed by any Government authority."