[twisted-python] Communication between GUI thread and twisted thread.

甜瓜 littlesweetmelon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 11:10:54 EDT 2007

> This is a terrible implementation for cooperation between wx and
> twisted. At the time it was written, it was acceptable, but you really
> should be using the wxreactor now.
Really? Oh! Maybe my knowledge is out of date. My opinion comes from
"The Twisted Documentation - Jan 9, 2007". It says:
"Twisted currently supports two methods of integrating wxPython.
Unfortunately, neither method will work on all wxPython platforms
(such as GTK2 or Windows). It seems that the only portable way to
integrate with wxPython is to run it in a separate thread."  ^_^
Therefore I followed that terrible implementation. Does wxreactor get
improvement? I will read 'choosing-reactor.html' throughly. Thank you.

> class P(Protocol):
>     def connectionMade(self):
>         self.factory.instance = self
>         return
Actually, I use the same trick now for workaround.  ^_^

---
ShenLei