[Twisted-Python] udp

Black python at blackslens.com
Thu Jun 14 19:32:37 EDT 2007

Like Carl suggested, I just eschewed Twisted on the client side when
I did something similar. Here is a simple client that can be used
with the server I sent earlier.

import socket

s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM)
data = "Data from client"
s.sendto(data, ('localhost', 8000))
data,address = s.recvfrom(1024)
print "received %r from %r" % (data, address)

If you don't want the server to send anything back, you can skip the
recvfrom() on the client side and the self.transport.write() on the
server side. Of course, this doesn't include any error handling for
when the UDP data doesn't actually make it (which, of course, isn't
guaranteed) - but this is just to illustrate how simple it is.

-Black