[Twisted-Python] Please help me with process spawning

Alexey Maksimov alexey.maksimov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 08:23:25 EDT 2007

Hi,

Please help me with the following:

I want to write a simple app that should remotely control
long running shell process. I have a C++ program that does some network
capturing I need. I want to create a simple web interface that can
start and stop this program via shell on linux.

I already wrote a web part of this but failed to spawn my process.
I think my problem is that I want to use myserver.tac and don't want
directly call reactor.run() as shown in documentation.
How can I spawn my long-running process without using reactor.run()?

Thanks in advance,
Alexey.