[Twisted-Python] A longshot, UML and twisted.

Maarten ter Huurne maarten at treewalker.org
Tue Jun 5 17:41:05 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 05 June 2007, Sven-Erik Tiberg wrote:

> A longshot, anyone modelled a system with twisted components in uml using
> f.ex. a stateschart.

PyReverse can analyze Python code and produce UML. I never used it myself, but
PyLint is written by the same people and that's a very useful tool. However,
PyReverse is not actively maintained, while PyLint is.

http://www.logilab.org/2560

Probably PyReverse will only analyze the static structure, so you'll get class
diagrams. For analyzing dynamic behaviour, PyPy might be able to gather a lot
of useful data, but as far as I know there is not yet a tool that makes nice
graphs of it. Also, I'm not sure how useful PyPy will be if your program uses
Python features that are not in the RPython subset.

http://codespeak.net/pypy/

Bye,
		Maarten