[Twisted-Python] A longshot, UML and twisted.

Maarten ter Huurne maarten at treewalker.org
Tue Jun 5 17:41:05 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 05 June 2007, Sven-Erik Tiberg wrote:

> A longshot, anyone modelled a system with twisted components in uml using
> f.ex. a stateschart.

PyReverse can analyze Python code and produce UML. I never used it myself, but
PyLint is written by the same people and that's a very useful tool. However,
PyReverse is not actively maintained, while PyLint is.

Probably PyReverse will only analyze the static structure, so you'll get class
diagrams. For analyzing dynamic behaviour, PyPy might be able to gather a lot
of useful data, but as far as I know there is not yet a tool that makes nice
graphs of it. Also, I'm not sure how useful PyPy will be if your program uses
Python features that are not in the RPython subset.