[Twisted-Python] How to receive a big stream data?

Adam Atlas adam at atlas.st
Mon Jul 9 01:58:04 EDT 2007

On 2 Jul 2007, at 21.40, steven wang wrote:
> I rewrite my source about MyProtocol. But I can not receive
> complete data, only a part of data. :( Could you help me?

Have you taken a look at twisted.protocols.basic? There are some nice
abstractions in there for building chunked protocols. I'd recommend
NetstringReceiver if you want to keep your protocol text-based. You
subclass protocols.basic.NetstringReceiver instead of
protocol.Protocol, and override stringReceived(data). That gets
called whenever a complete message is received (unlike dataReceived,
which just gets a series of bytes that may or may not be a complete
message).