[Twisted-Python] producer / consumer question

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Jul 5 13:05:48 EDT 2007

On 07:01 am, markus at bluegap.ch wrote:
>glyph at divmod.com wrote:
>>Keep in mind, also, that a great deal of code has been written (and
>>will be written before everyone has upgraded to the next version of
>>Twisted) that uses the current IConsumer/IProducer APIs, and all of
>>that will need to keep working for the forseeable future.

>Sure. I'm currently in the situation, (...) but if the API isn't stable
>(AFAIR semi-stable is stated in the documentation)...

The API is stable.  There are plans for a better API that offers more
functionality, but we don't even know what that looks like yet.  It may
well be that the old API will live on side-by-side, and the new API will
just expose new features.  In any event, no deprecation warnings are
coming in this code for a long time.