[Twisted-Python] twisted to the iphone rescue ?

Jonathan Vanasco twisted-python at 2xlp.com
Sat Jun 30 22:09:24 MDT 2007

I just got an iPhone, and like many other tech people, I'm pissed:

a_ There's no terminal/shell - i think they wanted to lock-down the
phone
b_ There's no Chat feature - they wanted to push people into an
overpriced AT&T scheme

Some people have been doing workarounds:
re: http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/06/25/aim-and-ssh-
coming-to-an-iphone-near-you-sort-of

	iPhoneChat
		web-based aim proxy
		think twisted-words
		http://www.publictivity.com/iPhoneChat/

	WebShell
		web-based ssh proxy over https
		http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mressl/webshell/

And I heard of a few more in the pipes.

Is anyone working on stuff like this using Twisted though?

For a seasoned Twisted programmer, this should be pretty simple...
I've done most of the features of both in other apps based on
twisted , which seems to support both feature sets really really well.

Just wondering/hoping that someone here is planning on releasing some
standalone stuff that people can download and run on their servers
( ssh for security , chatting for aim/icq/jabber not throttling any
one ip - which is happening right now )