[Twisted-Python] Re: Passing extra arguments to twistd?

gary jefferson garyjefferson123 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 18:21:42 EST 2007

It's been a while since this was discussed on the list, but I also
have a use-case where extra args to twistd would be far more useful
than any other option.  I'm doing a little p2p thing (which I'm sure
is not all that uncommon), and of course I want to test aggregate
behavior of many instances, so I instantiate 100 or so on my own box.
Not being able to pass in extra args to twistd makes this obviously
painful, as it adds the extra step of creating a bunch of
configuration or a hoard of different tac files, whereas I can spit
out a simple script that spawns instances with much more ease and
elegance.

Just something to chew on as you all think about adding such a feature
to twistd.

Gary