[Twisted-Python] Twisted server is 5 times SLOWER on Solaris thanLinux?

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Mon Jan 22 01:29:36 EST 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 03:16, Jarrod Roberson wrote:
> On 1/18/07, Jacob Gabrielson <jacob at cozi.com> wrote:
> >  It would be interesting to know where the CPU time is actually
> > going.
>
> Sorry hit return by accident.
>
> Twisted is eating up all the CPU time.
>
> What is "slow" is the latency of the entire round trip thru the
> Twisted reactor loop. It is without a doubt Twisted that is the
> bottleneck.

Have you tried using cProfile to see where the time is going? I did
this many years ago now with twisted when I first moved
pythondirector across from asyncore to twisted, and found a couple
of easily-fixed performance problems. It's quite possible you'll
see a couple of easily-fixed optimisation targets if you profile
the code.

Anthony