[Twisted-Python] Twisted server is 5 times SLOWER on Solaris thanLinux?

Jacob Gabrielson jacob at cozi.com
Thu Jan 18 19:20:52 EST 2007

It would be interesting to know where the CPU time is actually going.
>From what I've seen of this thread, performance is worst on the SPARC
hardware, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the root cause.
It may be, e.g., the implementation of some service call for that
hardware is especially slow.  Do you have any profiling information that
shows whether the CPU time is spent in Twisted code itself, or in some
system call that it's making?

BTW, the fact that you get 1k+ connections/s on the x86 hardware is
still slow (if you're just running benchmarking code that isn't doing
any work per request).  With epoll you should be able to get way more
than that.

Just my $.02,

-- Jacob