[Twisted-Python] client, deferred and/or reactor hung on these 2 URL's

Rick Graves gravesricharde at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 01:39:38 EST 2007

Eric,

I ran wget on the 2 URL's, and what I got may lead to
the root cause of the problem.

Here is the end of what appeared in the terminal
window:

begin quote

--11:56:34--  http://www.theproxy.be/link.php
           => `link.php'
Connecting to www.theproxy.be|209.67.219.74|:80...
connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved
Permanently
Location: http://www.theproxy.be/link.php [following]
20 redirections exceeded.

end quote

I assume this is a case of endless loop redirection.

I got this for both URL's.  The complete transcript
for both is here:

http://www.advanced-app.com.hk/MiscJunk/wget.txt

I am running kubuntu, "codenamed 'Dapper Drake'" ver.
6.06.  For this version, I get ethereal not WireShark.
 I installed ethereal before running wget, but I am
wondering whether wget might zero in on the problem.
So I hope to find out before spending some time trying
to figure ethereal out.

Also, I have ADSL service from different ISP's at home
and at the office.  These two URL's hang for me at the
office, but work OK for me at home.  (They would be
going through different ISP's and different proxies.)

I have not filed a bug report yet.  If the wget output
does in fact zero in on the problem, I will do so
right away.

This is a resend -- see below.  I sent this content on
Sunday, but it never came back to me on the mailing
list.

Thanks,

Rick

> I ran wget on the 2 URL's, and what I got may lead
> the root cause of the problem.

{snip}