[Twisted-Python] Server authentication

Volodymyr Orlenko orlenko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 21:19:51 EST 2007

Hi Martin,

To delegate user authentication to Windows, you can use win32security

from win32security import LogonUser, LOGON32_LOGON_NETWORK,
from win32security import error as LogonError

def validate_password(username, domain, password):
        if LogonUser(username,
            print 'Yes!'
            return True
            print 'No'
    except LogonError, e:
        print 'No:', e
    return False

To use LogonUser(), calling process needs to have some special
privileges, at least on Win2K. If I remember correctly, SE_TCB_NAME is

Hope this helps,