[Twisted-Python] Re: client crashed

Eric Mangold teratorn at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Jan 13 17:58:24 EST 2007

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 16:15:01 -0600, Rick Graves <gravesricharde at yahoo.com>
wrote:
[...]
> Maybe I am making a suggestion to change twisted in
> the wrong place.  I will try posting my suggested
> change as a "bug" -- client.py crashes on a URL that
> most browsers clean up automatically with no problem.

I don't think this is a bug. It's a given that you don't give Twisted junk
input. And if you do you should catch any errors that may result. _parse()
isn't special in this regard. Cleaning up input is a job for UI components
and other things that are "higher up" than Twisted.

Regards,
--
Eric Mangold
Twisted/Win32 Co-Maintainer