[Twisted-Python] Twisted lineReceived (sender)

Lee Connell lee.a.connell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 23:24:41 EST 2007

I just started with twisted and want to write a simple chat server.  This
code here works fine, however I want to know who the data is coming from in
the callbacks or events.  You can see where I commented code out in def
lineReceived as to what I want to do.  How can this be done in the easiest

#!/usr/bin/env python

from twisted.protocols import basic

class MyChat(basic.LineReceiver):

  def connectionMade(self):

    print "Got new client!"

  def connectionLost(self, reason):

    print "Lost a client!"

  def lineReceived(self, line):

    print "received", repr(line)

    for c in self.factory.clients:

        #if c != sender:

  def message(self, message):

    if message != '':

        self.transport.write(message + '\n')

from twisted.internet import protocol

from twisted.application import service, internet

factory = protocol.ServerFactory()

factory.protocol = MyChat

factory.clients = []

application = service.Application("chatserver")

internet.TCPServer(1025, factory).setServiceParent(application)

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:04 PM