[Twisted-Python] twisted and gprs networks

Eric Spaulding els24 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 8 13:01:08 EST 2007

In my very limited experience with GPRS and remote devices,  I would
suggest a polling model over a push.  Unless you're willing to pay for
extra vpn/static IP services to your GPRS provider,  the remote unit
will be, as you say, firewalled and should be responsible for starting
the connection to an accessible server process.

The merit of keeping the connection open is not obvious to me.

If you aren't transferring data constantly, why not have the pda poll
periodically?:
-open connection to server
-send PDA id, request available data.
-receive data, if available.