[Twisted-Python] how can i connect curses getch function and a process launched with spawnprocesss?

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Jan 2 17:10:28 EST 2007

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 23:06:08 +0100, Gabriel Santonja <gsantonja at free.fr> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>first : Happy new year 2007.
>
>second : I have some difficulties with curses getch() function  and process launch
>with spawnprocess.
>
>I'm newbie in Twisted so i'm using the curses example who work fine with irc factory.
>i'm using the process howto too
>
>But when i try to send a message to a process with a
>    >>> self.transport.writeSequence(contents+"\n")

You probably want to just use write() here.  writeSequence is for
lists of strings.  Of course, it works for regular strings too, but
there's little point.

>It's work fine with deferred but never with the curses.getch()
>
>i need a loop like that :
>	-  a caracter is push on the keyboard
>	- getch function of curses send it
>	- this event is processing
>	- a message is send to the process (launch by spawnprocess) who is concerned
>	- a result is  send by the process and he is processing by the program
>
>i think I need to work with the reactor but i do not know how.
>
>I have trie all i can imagine but nothing work. Could you help me?

It may be worth passing usePTY=True to spawnProcess.  I'm not sure what
curses' requirements are exactly, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wanted
something vaguely terminal like: the default with spawnProcess is to set
up something that looks more like a shell redirection.

Jean-Paul