[Twisted-Python] writing a newsletter manager in Twisted

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 16:24:10 EST 2007

On 1/2/07, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it> wrote:
> I would like to write a newsletter manager in Twisted, using
> twisted.mail and twisted.names.

Another one? What's wrong with the others?

> 1) The sending of mails should be queued.
>     The sending should friendly to server and internet load

I think you could create sort of a queue per server, and deliver it
after N messages ou X minutes waiting. It would not be very difficult
using DeferredQueue, I imagine.

> 2) I should be notified when an email address in unreachable
>     (after n tries)

Well, I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be possible.

> 3) I want to use a caching DNS server, where I should be able to control
>     the TTL (not sure this is a good idea)

I can't answer this one.

> A much simpler solution is to just use a MTA like Postfix and a DNS
> server like Bind, but Twisted is more portable and flexible (?).

It would be simpler using something like Mailman
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/ .

--
Felipe.