[Twisted-Python] Making a duck-typed traceback from a Failure

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Wed Feb 28 03:43:39 EST 2007

I've recently been doing work with Twisted tests from within the Zope
testrunner. It's a real pain because if the tests or their callbacks
raise exceptions, no traceback gets given to the result object. See

The fix I've uploaded doesn't actually help me. By the time the result
object gets the failures, they've been cleaned with cleanFailure --
Failure.tb is None and everything is a string.

Is it possible to make a duck-typed traceback from a cleaned Failure?
I haven't really looked into it, but I can't think of why not off the
top of my head. Granted I ran out of thought gluons a couple of hours