[Twisted-Python] problem running ldaptor-webui

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Mon Feb 19 20:52:10 EST 2007

I am using python 2.4 on FC6, and Twisted 2.5.0.  I have installed the
latest stable versions from source of Nevow, Webut, and ldaptor
(0.0.43).  I tried to run the ldaptor-webui program, but encountered the
following traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ldaptor-webui", line 4, in ?
    from ldaptor.apps.webui import main
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ldaptor/apps/webui/main.py",
line 5, in ?
    from ldaptor.config import LDAPConfig
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ldaptor/config.py", line 4,
in ?
    from ldaptor import interfaces
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ldaptor/interfaces.py", line 3,
in ?
    class ILDAPEntry(components.Interface):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Interface'

Apparently this stems from something related to Zope.  The imported
module in question, <module 'twisted.python.components' from
'/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/twisted/python/components.pyc'>,
indeed has no attribute Interface.  However it does import "interface",
module <module 'zope.interface.interface' from
'/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/interface/interface.pyc'>.

Is ldaptor-webui in need of updating to run with something new that
either Twisted or Zope changed?

thanks.

Michael