[Twisted-Python] Howto access protocol outside of the class

Lee Connell lee.a.connell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 17:16:06 EST 2007

I have a class: class ForemClient(LineReceiver):

I am using wxPython to build a GUI.  I am having the hardest time trying to
access the instance of this class so I can call the transport methods from a
wxPython button event.  How can I make this accessible outside of the class
itself?  I seen that ClientCreator could be used for this, but I can’t find
an example of using the instance outside of itself.  Anyone able to help?

    chat = ClientCreator(reactor, ForemClient)

    d = chat.connectSSL("localhost", 1025, ssl.ClientContextFactory())

    reactor.run()

4:06 PM