[Twisted-Python] db-based checker

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Feb 7 00:26:06 EST 2007

On 2/6/07, Stephen Waterbury <waterbug at pangalactic.us> wrote:
> Here's my checker I mentioned on irc just now, 'UserDbCredChecker',
> which I've added to the web2 auth example ... as you can see,
> it's pretty trivial, and it works with my twisted.web-based app,
> so I'm puzzled why it doesn't work with the web2 auth example I've
> added it to.
>
> Sorry this isn't a runnable example, but just wanted to see if
> there was anything obvious by inspection before I go and create
> a runnable example -- which I'll do if necessary.

Well, if you have a valid ICredentialsChecker and it doesn't work with
web2 (but does with other cred-using code) then I would be inclined to
think it's a  web2 bug. A cursory glance doesn't show me anything
obvious (although it was only cursory) -- although I do notice you're
throwing away useful exception info by raising that ValueError -- I
suggest just getting rid of that try/except entirely. Anyway, probably
the best thing to do at this point is post to the twisted-web mailing
list, and mention the exception (or whatever error condition) you're
getting.

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery