[Twisted-Python] How to configure setup.py for a twistd TAP app

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Dec 19 08:37:06 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 8:15 AM, Chris Miles <miles.chris at gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I configure setup.py so that twisted/plugins/myapp.py is created?

Good question; I still haven't figured it out. I know the Divmod guys
use the plugin system extensively, maybe one of them can say something
on the subject?

> Where do I create the twisted/plugins directory?

You should probably expect it to be already there. It needs to go into
the main twisted/plugins directory, i.e. the one that "import
twisted.plugins; print twisted.plugins.__file__" gives you.

I get the feeling that this should either be really easy or really
hard to do with distutils. If you manage to figure it out, I'd like to
add the information to the Plugin howto.

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery