[Twisted-Python] SMS sending with Python

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Dec 18 08:24:30 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 09:51 +0100, Daniel Marfil wrote:
> Hi, my name is Daniel from Spain, and this is my first post here ;-)
> I've been looking for something in twisted that allows me to send SMS
> messages through a server, but got no luck until the moment.
> Could anyone give me a clue to begin?

In the US at least you can send SMS messages using AIM (so, using the
twisted.words.protocols.oscar module), though that means less control
over formatting. And they'll stop accepting messages if you send too
many, probably.

For personal use, however, and assuming it works in Spain, that's an
easy way to go (send a message to +<countrycode><phonenumber>, e.g.
+15551234567)