[Twisted-Python] Reactor takes a long time to shutdown

Richard Wall m-lists at the-moon.net
Tue Aug 28 17:45:42 EDT 2007

Chris Miles wrote:
> I tried your code and it works fine for me.  The script always exits
> right away after scanning all ports.  I tried various hosts and various
> port ranges.
> I'm running Python 2.4.4, Twisted 2.5.0, on OS X.

Chris,

Thanks for trying it out. I'm working on Ubuntu Gutsy, Python2.5, Twisted trunk,
Kernel 2.6.22. I just tried on a server running Ubuntu Dapper, Python2.4, kernel
2.6.15 and that shuts down straight away, as you found. Oh well.

> btw: I would warn against port scanning public sites such as google; you
> don't want to trip an IDS and cop the wrath of a network admin.

I was using someone elses ADSL at the time :)

> Hope this helps.
> Cya at PyConUK.

Yep, look forward to it. Assuming I finish the slides in time. ;)

-RichardW.