[Twisted-Python] Windows maintainership

Eric Mangold teratorn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:55:02 EDT 2007

I just wanted to let everyone know that I won't be able to maintain
Twisted on Windows anymore.

The last several months has seen virtually zero effort on my part
towards resolving any of the outstanding Windows issues, and the
future doesn't look any different. I will be sure to remove myself
from the various trac tickets.

I will still be around to maintain anything that I've written, and
hack on the odd bits of code that affect me.

Timothy Fitz is still listed as a maintainer, however.

Timothy, could you let us know where you stand?

Everyone feel free to go off on tangents here... e.g. do we really
need a Windows Maintainer position? Are people getting along just fine
as-is? Is there any infrastructure that would help our Windows support
efforts?

I'm not going to second-guess where we should go from here (if
anywhere), but instead I'll let this discussion develop organically...

-teratorn