[Twisted-Python] Re: Questions about the Perspective Broker login mechanism

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 19:30:12 EDT 2007

glyph at divmod.com writes:

(...)
> In other words, realms and credentials checkers should be arbitrarily
> "remixable"; you should not implement one to depend on the other.
>
> If you start messing with the behavior of Portal, just about the only
> thing you *can* do is introduce an unnecessary dependency that makes
> either your checker or your realm unusable by someone else in their
> own application.

Fair enough ... and in the end, my original suggested use of a
subclass wasn't really intended to augment the Portal interface
behavior, but rather produce a single object satisfying both the
Portal and IPBRoot interfaces.  Given the application (and that those
interfaces aren't really related aspects of anything), that desire
seems to fit more cleanly with composition than inheritance anyway.

-- David