[Twisted-Python] Re: Questions about the Perspective Broker login mechanism

Julien Peeters jj.peeters at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 07:50:12 EDT 2007

> Why you'd bother (when challenge/response is implemented for free) is
> another question, but it's certainly possible.  I suppose if you're
> using an SSL link for the PB connection with appropriate certificates
> you could consider the challenge/response an extra round trip, but
> it's got to be pretty insignificant compared to the overall session.
>
> -- David

I don't especially use/want a SSL link. But I would like to use
different hash methods than md5 based ones. For instance, I'll possibly
need SHA or MD5CRYPT (I don't know if it's compatible with md5) hash
methods. Or why not any other one...

Then, I would like to use different credentials and to the other side,
different login method to be compatible with credentials I use.
The actual implementation force to use md5 hash method. It's what I'm
looking for to change if I find a good way to do what I habe in mind.

Julien.