AW: [Twisted-Python] threads monitoring

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at
Wed Aug 15 13:10:12 EDT 2007

Well, I'm not at the keyboard, but you'll probably need to take a look at the source code which threadpool instance is used by deferToThread.

-- Ursprüngl. Mitteil. --
Betreff:	[Twisted-Python] threads monitoring
Von:	Ladislav Andel <ladaan at>
Datum:		15.08.2007 16:53

How can I monitor the number of created threads when I use just function
deferToThreds in my code?

Could you give me an example, please?

If I do following:   ThreadPool.dumpStats()

I get

TypeError: unbound method dumpStats() must be called with ThreadPool
instance as first argument (got nothing instead)

Here I understand I have to make an instance of ThreadPool, but if I
just use deferToThreads from threads module
I'm not sure how to accomplish it.

Twisted-Python mailing list
Twisted-Python at