[Twisted-Python] Re: non-blocking interface for local file system operations

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski at softax.com.pl
Fri Aug 10 05:42:24 EDT 2007

>   Thanks for the information. It was really helpful. I was thinking
> that my IO operations would be an issue. I will take your suggestion
> and do IO directly by now.

One thing to consider if it really turns out to be a problem
is to replace plain files with database.

Comparing performance of file access with performance of database
access is large and non-trivial topic, but there are usage schemes
where databases win. And there are asynchronous drivers, like
pgasync, available.