[Twisted-Python] Question about plugins tutorial

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Wed Apr 4 11:36:54 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 10:37 -0400, Brian Costlow wrote:

> But I'm looking at the Plugins as a way to abstract multiple back-end
> actions taken in response to data recieved by a number of asynchronous
> events (off of LineReciever and XML-RPC).

This is only useful if you need to plug-in new actions, either by 3rd
parties or as a configuration measure. If the actions are fixed, an
easier way to do it is command dispatch to appropriately named methods,
like the way XML-RPC dispatches a "foobar" command to the method
xmlrpc_foobar, or to appropriate command-handling objects.