[Twisted-Python] 64bit Installation Problems

Johann Borck johann.borck at densedata.com
Wed Apr 4 03:14:13 EDT 2007

Tim Flink wrote:
> I am trying to install Twisted2.5.0 and have been having some problems. When I run the main setup.py, TwistedCore is installed into /usr/lib64/python23/ while everything else (conch, lore, mail, names, news, runner, web and words) is installed into /ur/lib/python23.
> So now when I try to import anything outside of core (like Web) I get:
> exceptions.ImportError: No module named web
> Is there a way to force TwistedCore to build and install as 32bit or force everything else to install as 64bit?
It's recommended to install twisted separate from the python tree and
just put it on the PYTHONPATH. Also it's a good thing to keep a custom
python installation that's known to work with the specific version of
twisted to prevent the package-manager of the distro to make
incompatible changes (dunno what CentOS does, though). Apart from that,
you could put /usr/lib/python23/(site-packages) on the PYTHONPATH, or
copy the stuff to the other location. AFAIK this has nothing to do with
32/64bit but just where the installer copies the packages by default, If
you want a 32bit version, you'll need a chroot with a separate system.