[Twisted-Python] Using Twisted for distributed computation / experiment running?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 12:48:44 EDT 2007

On 4/3/07, robomancer <robomancer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to use Twisted for distributing computation over a small
> number (~10) of PCs.  I'm wondering if anyone else has some experience
> with this -- particularly if there is already a solution out there
> that I can use, so that I'm not reinventing the wheel.  Here's a rough
> outline of what I'd like:

[...]

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/Parallel_Computing

If you give us until next week, things will be cleaner.  We're in the
middle of transitioning from our first dev branch ('chainsaw') into
the one that will become the stable development line ('saw').  Both
can be checked out, but saw will, in a few days, be "released" for
regular work (albeit still considered to be a development system).

It's all Twisted-based, and help/contributions from other devs will be
obviously welcome.

Cheers,