[Twisted-Python] Using Twisted for distributed computation / experiment running?

Brett Viren bv at bnl.gov
Tue Apr 3 12:41:03 EDT 2007

robomancer <robomancer at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking to use Twisted for distributing computation over a small
> number (~10) of PCs.  I'm wondering if anyone else has some experience
> with this -- particularly if there is already a solution out there
> that I can use, so that I'm not reinventing the wheel.

[OT: non-twisted discussion follows]

It seems you are wanting a hybrid between a batch queueing system and
a data management system.

Any reason not to use something like Torque (nee' OpenPBS) for the
batch part?

Or, if your nodes are also interactively used (ie, workstations by
day, batch nodes by night) you might look at condor:

Both are free-ish.

More info on what your data is like is probably needed for ideas on
the second part.