[Twisted-Python] removing unsupported reactors in twisted 2.6: qt, corefoundation, threadedselect, wx

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Fri Sep 29 00:29:10 EDT 2006

<felipe.lessa at gmail.com> wrote:
> >So the only GUI toolkits that will be officialy supported are going to
> >be Gtk, Tk and PyUI?
>
> Thanks for reminding me.
>
> Neither Tk nor PyUI have buildbots.  However, they're both implemented
> using polling timed events running on top of another reactor... I don't
> know how much "support" those really count for.  It might be good to remove
> them as well, but they're very little code.

I'd be opposed to removing Tk - it allows you to build (ok, ugly looking)
simple UIs on top of twisted+python without needing to download anything
other than the core Python and twisted code. As you noted, the Tk code isn't
a real reactor of it's own, so what does "untested" mean, in this case?

Anthony