[Twisted-Python] SIGBREAK on windows

Thomas Jacob jacob at internet24.de
Wed Sep 27 04:32:24 EDT 2006

Twisted's default reactor on Windows shuts down when receiving  a
SIGBREAK (a Windows specific signal) (see
twisted.internet.{base,posixbase}.py), probably
so that you can hit CTRL-BREAK on a twisted app in a Windows console to
shut the app down.

Cf. also
http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682541.aspx

So AFAIK you  or someone else probably just hit  ^C/^BREAK, but maybe
there are other ways to raise SIGBREAK...