[Twisted-Python] removing unsupported reactors in twisted 2.6: qt,

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Mon Sep 25 12:06:50 EDT 2006

glyph at divmod.com wrote:
> You have lots of other options.
>
> 1. Continue using the wxreactor code by copying it into your
> application.  We could even provide a separate page with
> "unmaintained reactors" for download.

For me, if you don't find someone that help you to maintain the wx
reactor, this are a good solution, since there are a lot of person, like
me, that use the (fantastic) twisted library and wx like GUI.

> 2. Help fix the problem.  This is really what I'd prefer.  You don't
>  have to have all the appropriate knowledge right now, just
> sufficient interest and energy to commit to *caring* that the
> buildbot is red in the future, and trying to fix it.

Just for see if I can help, I tried the "trial --reactor threadedselect
twisted", but after some (10 min) work, trial eat all my ram! and I must
close it with e "kill -9". Are there another method for execute trial?

Bye,
Michele

P.s.:
michele:~$ python
Python 2.4.4c0 (#2, Jul 30 2006, 15:43:58)
[GCC 4.1.2 20060715 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-9)] on linux2
>>> import twisted twisted.__version__
'2.4.0'