[Twisted-Python] Rotating logfiles (SIGUSR1 doesn't work)

Christian Schneider schneider at gl-systemhaus.de
Thu Sep 14 08:35:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

we've written a server running as a twisted application. Logging is
done via twisted.python.log.msg. The log file is growing rather big
and only rotated on server startup, which hopefully is a very rare
occurrence, indeed.

Sending a SIGUSR1 to twistd unfortunately doesn't do anything.

I've seen that the class LogFile has a rotate method but I don't see
the connection between twisted.python.log and that class if there is
any at all.

Any hint would be highly appreciated

chris