[Twisted-Python] Support for ICMP ping?

Nicolas D. Cesar ncesar at lunix.com.ar
Mon Sep 11 15:57:10 EDT 2006

I've been googling if there is any 'ICMP ping' support in Twisted. I've
encounter ancient replies:

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-August/005542.html

I wonder if today is any ICMP support. I've tried to search the source
tree[1], and doesn't seem.

My actual needs is creating a DeferredList with "ping-testers" for different
IPs, just to check if there up or not.

I know I can end up using twisted.internet.utils.getProcessOutput and calling
ping, as I would normally do from command line. For other newbies as me in
the same situation please read:
http://twistedmatrix.com/users/moshez/talk.html and search
for 'getProcessOutput' ;-)

Greetings,

[1] my search was:

$ grep  -C3 -ir icmp *
internet/protocol.py-
internet/protocol.py-
internet/protocol.py-class AbstractDatagramProtocol:
internet/protocol.py:    """Abstract protocol for datagram-oriented
transports, e.g. IP, ICMP, ARP, UDP."""
internet/protocol.py-
internet/protocol.py-    transport = None
internet/protocol.py-    numPorts = 0
--
internet/protocol.py-    def connectionRefused(self):
internet/protocol.py-        """Called due to error from write in connected

Nicolás D. César <ncesar at lunix.com.ar>
Lunix S.R.L. -[ http://www.lunix.com.ar ]-
GnuPG Public Key: gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key 0x3606F3E6