[Twisted-Python] callLater

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Mon Sep 4 12:45:14 EDT 2006

Thomas HERVE ha scritto:
> Quoting Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it>:
>> Hi.
> Hi,
>> I need to implement a function for scheduling function calls at specific
>> times.
>> [snip]
>> However I'm going to have lots of this scheduled calls, many of these
>> are far away in the future.
>> Can this be a problem?
> The real problem of this kind of solution is the lost of data if you
> restart your application. If your 'far away in the future' is 6 months,
> I won't expect my server to run 6 months (not for reliability reason,
> but a change of configuration for example, or a new feature of my app).
> So you have to store the scheduled calls somewhere.

I'm implementing a simple calendar (using IETF icalendar as a reference).

What I need to schedule are the alarms.
Alarm data is stored in a relational database.

So, every time the server starts, it can read alarm data from the
database and do the scheduling job.

> For the use of callLater, like Jean-Paul said you should try and see if
> it works for you. If you already store your calls somewhere it won't be
> hard to make a simple scheduler with a tick function.

For now I'm going to use callLater.

Thanks and regards  Manlio Perillo