[Twisted-Python] strports.service, ssl and forcing client certs

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Sep 1 11:18:14 EDT 2006

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 15:57:12 +0100, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
>Sorry, ignore the previous reply, I see what you're getting at now. However,
>CertificateOptions still seems to be newer than 2.4.0:

Hmm, sorry.  I thought it made it into 2.4.0, but you're right, it didn't.

You can accomplish the same thing without CertificateOptions, it's just a
lot less fun.  Take a look at what OpenSSL APIs it is using:

The actual object you need to control the behavior of OpenSSL comes from
OpenSSL itself.  CertificateOptions is just a bit easier to use.

Hopefully Twisted 2.5 will be out before much longer...