[Twisted-Python] issues using pb.Copyable

Deepankar Sharma deepankar.sharma at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 00:33:17 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to use pb.Copyable to send some python objects back and forth
between a client and server. I followed the documentation and quickly got
some simple examples working.
However i got stuck when i tried sending some python objects which are
actually wrappers for stuff written in C. Here is an example of what i am
trying to do

Class C (Wrapper for a c data structure)

Class B (inherits from class C and from pb.Copyable)

I have a lot of wrapper functions which give me instances of Class C. Trying
to do c_instance.__class__ = B does not work.
I somehow need to cast those instances into instances of class B so that the
jellying/unjellying can take place. What does one do in such a situation ?

Regards,
Deepankar