[Twisted-Python] Problems with code in "Twisted" book ...

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Mon Oct 23 12:45:39 EDT 2006

Walsh, Sandy ha scritto:
> Hey there,
>
> Just got a copy of "Twisted" and I've been playing around with the book
> examples. Can't seem to get the "Example 2-6. dataforward.py" to work on
> Windows. I've reverted back to Python 2.3 (because I ultimately want to
> use the secure stuff later). It compiles and runs, but I get no echo of
> the input and the reactor seems to be frozen. When I Ctrl-C the program
> I get my keyed input spewed into the console, so it seems python is not
> receiving it.

I suggest to try with
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2157

1. Backup your twisted.internet._win32stdio.py and
   twisted.internet._pollingfile.py

2. Copy conio.py into twisted.internet and apply the patches
   _pollingfile.patch and _win32stdio.patch.

One problem is that the cursor/caret is not visible (and I don't know why).
On my PC, with Windows XP Pro SP2, it works without problems.

Regards  Manlio Perillo