[Twisted-Python] Unreliable UDP

Mike Wyatt mwyatt at wi.rr.com
Thu Oct 19 08:41:52 EDT 2006

Yeah, I would like to check out some of these projects.

As for using TCP, that is a valid option.  It would be even nicer to
just start using a reliable UDP layer right from the start, though.  I'd
rather not reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

By "reliable", I mean a library that guarantees delivery and keeps the
packets in order.  Similar to enet (http://enet.cubik.org/), but for
Python.  I may end up writing a Pyrex/Boost wrapper for enet or RakNet,
but that would be a bit of a pain.  That would probably convince me to
play with TCP for a while, then replace the networking layer with
reliable UDP when I have the time.