[Twisted-Python] trac's reliability

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Wed Nov 29 00:53:41 EST 2006

Current trac status:
more or less working.

The immediate reason trac was hanging repeatedly *this time* is that
trac's private mirror of the SVN repository was broken (svn info
file:///$repo was also hanging, even though no other processes had
the svn database open). svnadmin recover fixed it. So Trac seems to
be working...for the moment. I've also disabled the daily synch from
the real svn repo to see if that helps it keep running. I *think* the
problem will reoccur anyhow, because I think trac/svn is somehow
(recoverably) corrupting the bdb repo, but it's possible the copying
process is what corrupting things but with a delayed effect. This
also doesn't explain all the trac problems, only the one particular
one that caused trac to be consistently unavailable for most of the
morning.

In addition, wolfwood is now running Debian Sarge. Seemingly with no
casualties. Also: old unused services: freshcvs, tmcvs irc bot have
been shut down. Local install of viewcvs replaced with packaged
version (slightly newer, too, I guess). Probably sometime in the next
few days I'll look into upgrading svn.

James