[Twisted-Python] Upgrade Questions

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Wed May 31 00:16:12 EDT 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 12:40 PM, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> On 5/30/06, glyph at divmod.com <glyph at divmod.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 May 2006 08:59:50 -0400, Christopher Armstrong
>> <radix at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>> >On 5/30/06, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
>> An RC would have given the packager an opportunity to complain
>> about this and increase the priority of the bug to highest.  I
>> agree with james-via-itamar.
>
> Let me say this, then: I don't plan on doing a 2.4.1 for this issue;
> Neal, you should ignore this harmless error.

I would like to interject about a potential issue here, that I
mentioned in ticket #1740.

This typo prevents debian systems from byte-compiling the site
packages directory during APT's installation process. This in turn
prevents python-related packages from being installed sucessfully
until the typo is removed.

Personally, I run into this issue constantly, and I know that if I
had encountered it when I wasn't as familiar with debian, I could
have spent a lot of time trying to figure it out.

just my two cents...

-phil