[Twisted-Python] twisted and PyQt4

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Tue May 30 19:13:46 EDT 2006

On 5/30/06, Gabe Rudy <rudy at goldenhelix.com> wrote:
> Alright it's ticket #1770 [1], although I must admit that I have lost a bit of
> confidence in the cacual coders (me) ability to contribute to Twisted as my
> previous attempt to post a patch[2] has been wholly ignored for a month, even
> after a bit of nagging. Maybe this is just the timeline in which people get
> around to things, or maybe this is a symptom to the everything has a
> branch/review/merge methodology.

Trust me, ticket response time has improved a *lot* since we've
switched to this development model. If we haven't responded to
previous tickets, it's because a) no developers with the expertise
required were available for review; b) the change is controversial or
incorrect, or c) the change didn't include sufficient unit tests.

Besides, I'm not sure why you're mentioning this, as you don't even
seem to be suggesting we include your qt reactor in Twisted since it's
untested and not using the new qt4 techniques. Or are you?

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery