[Twisted-Python] implementing a tftp protocol

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Sat May 20 18:28:38 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I'm new to twisted, and I'm trying to implement a tftp protocol, since
I don't see one in the API and I need one.

I'm finding the docs on UDP clients to be _very_ sparse. So far it
seems that I need to use the reactor.listenUDP() method and then call
transport.connect() somehow. I was going to use the
protocol.ClientFactory as the TFTPFactory superclass. For the protocol
I assume that DatagramProtocol would be an appropriate parent.

I'm not sure of what the override exactly though, to drop in the right
bits to request a file from a remote tftp server. Could someone point
me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Mike
--Albert Einstein