[Twisted-Python] Calling deferred within a callback, good or bad idea ?

Stéphane Brault stephane_brault at yahoo.fr
Fri May 19 09:33:40 EDT 2006

Hi,
 I have to call a web service then process the answer, according to the answer I may have to call the service again.
 The traditional way to go would be :
 condition = 1
 while condition:
     message = callWebService()
     condition = processMessage(message)

 Here is what I do :
 def function():

     def myCalback(message):
         condition = processMessage(message)
         if condition:
             deferred = callWebService()
              deferred.addCallback(myCallback)

     deferred = callWebService()
     deferred.addCallback(myCallback)

 I was wondering if it was the way to go or if there was a better way, since I'm not quite sure about the impact of calling new deffered within a callback.

 Thanks,

 Stéphane