[Twisted-Python] Re: Re : Multiple thread pools

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Thu May 11 12:00:44 EDT 2006

> Still, I need to ensure that I won't have more than x similar calls at a
> time. Is there a way, maybe using some of the deferred classes
> (deferredqueue,..) to ensure that there is no more than x simultaneous
> similar calls (wrapped in deferreds), the others being pending, until
> one is finished.

You are on the right track. A couple possible approaches are in this
mailing list thread:

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2006-January/012388.html

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

Much as everyone thinks they want financial security, the happiest
people are not those who have it, but those who like what they do.
 -- Paul Graham, January 2006